HOW TO MEASURE ONE'S SIZE?
Measurements of one’s size should be taken by another person, as the measured person must stand straight but freely. A basic thing is to mark horizontal line of waist. In order to this put a tape-measure or a narrow belt around the waist.
- HEIGHT- measured from the very top of the head to the surface a measured person is standing on.
- BUST SPAN- measured distance between the highest points of breast - nipples.
- SHOULDER LENGTH- from the base of neck to the point of a sleeve seam at the shoulder tip.
- FRONT LENGTH TO BUST- measurement taken from the neck vertebra no.7 vertically towards the from of the body up to the middle of bust span.
- FRONT LENGTH THROUGH BUST- measurement taken from the neck vertebra no.7 (nape of the neck) vertically towards the front of the body up to the middle of bust span and then to the waist.
- WAIST CIRCUMFERENCE- measured horizontally in the narrowest place of the corps.
- THIGH CIRCUMFERENCE- measured horizontally in the place where thigh circumference is maximum.
- NECK CIRCUMFERENCE- measured horizontally, loosely at the base of neck.
- BACK WIDTH - (SHOULDER WIDTH)- measured horizontally from one shoulder tip to the other above upper part of shoulder blades.
- CHEST CIRCUMFERENCE- measured horizontally with a tape measure under the armpits going over nipples.
- ARM CIRCUMFERENCE- measured horizontally with a tape-measure running from the arm top at the armpit in the place where circumference is maximum.
- BACK LENGTH O MEASURED- measured vertically from the neck vertebra no.7 (nape of the neck) vertically towards the waist line along the central part of back.
- SLEEVE LENGTH- when taking measurements a tape-measure should be put down to the shoulder tip (the place where a sleeve seam is) and continue vertically along slightly bent elbow to the wrist.
- HIP CIRCUMFERENCE- measured horizontally with a measure-tape around the widest part of a figure below waist.
- DRESS LENGTH- we take measurement of back length along the central part with a measure-tape starting at a neck vertebra no.7 continued along to the waist. Here we put down a measure tape and take down measurement (we measure a desired length)